Free wallpapers, edition 1
I took these photographs in museums in San Francisco, Paris, and Lisbon. They my own close up detail images of paintings I've seen irl. The screen and camera are like tiny windows to the world and I'm selecting parts of these paintings, at almost actual size, hinting at the larger work around it. The details and materiality of the paint are usually lost in image searches. I'm selecting work and framing details that deliberately look great on smart phone screens.
1. Gerhard Richter, Abstraktes Bild, 1987. Oil on canvas (diptych). Collection Centre Pompidou, Paris.
2. Joan Mitchell, La Vie en rose, 1979. Oil on canvas. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, anonymous gift and purchase, George A. Hearn Fund, by exchange.
3. Jaqueline Humphries, Hor. #7, 1997. Oil on linen. Museu Coleção Berardo, Lisbon.
4. Claude Monet, The Water Lilies - Green Reflections, 1915/1926. Musée de l’Orangerie, Paris.
5. Gerhard Richter, Juin (527), 1983, Oil on canvas. Collection Centra Pompidou, Paris.
6. Imi Knoebel, Eva Quer durch Sylt-blau, 1996, Acrylic, wood, aluminum. Museu Coleção Berardo, Lisbon.